Saturday, April 11, 2009

En fait..


I stopped keeping a personal journal years ago because my audience lost interest in me. Now this should be more fulfilling. I learned the expression 'avoir un petit velo dans la tete' to mean someone's a little loopy. I imagine a mini version of myself on a tiny bicycle riding in circles inside my head, and this image appeals to me, hence the title. I am actually velo-less at the moment (although miniature velo is ever present), as I am in transition. But soon enough, hopefully.
This is/was my most recent bike, which I miss dearly, a 1977 Schwinn English beach cruiser. It was incredibly rusty and wobbly, but served me well. It is now abandoned somewhere in South Beach, chained to a lamp post, and I've heard the basket is being used as a trashcan. Tragic. It deserved a more dignified retirement. My fault completely. I was too busy fleeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment